Application Security Team Lead
SOFTSWISS is an international award-winning brand focused on the iGaming industry. We provide innovative software solutions for large online gaming and sports betting businesses.
SOFTSWISS products include an Online Casino Platform, Crypto Casino Solution, Managed Services, Game Aggregator, the Affilka affiliate management platform, the Sportsbook Platform, and the Jackpot Aggregator, a Jackpot as a Service solution for promotional campaigns and analytics.
SOFTSWISS in numbers:
- 2009 – year founded
- 1,300+ people at the company
- 300+ gaming websites supported
- 7B+ € bets processed per month
- 350M+ € in transactions monthly
- 5M+ monthly active players
SOFTSWISS security team takes care of iGaming services protection, data privacy and business continuity to ensure that nothing distracts satisfied customers from using our products. We work closely with the IT team that develops and supports our services and together we create truly awesome and secure iGaming products.
The ability for SOFTSWISS to continue to operate a fast and effective service is underpinned by the scale and performance of the technology products. We are building a new tier for leadership with the technical team.
In this role, you will create secure product development processes, create a security culture around existing development processes, manage AppSec vector in accordance with cybersecurity best practices, and select and implement the best security tools.
To be successful in the role and thrive at SOFTSWISS, you must display pragmatism and situational awareness, an iterative approach to products and the organization, and an ability to deal with an unstructured and ambiguous environment, and simply be someone who gets things done.
In this role, you will:
- Build a developer-oriented application security team that is focused on defending customer trust;
- Help their team grow their skills and experience;
- Draft and successfully execute on quarterly OKRs;
- Create and improve a secure development process by working closely with developers, testers, DevOps, product managers and other stakeholders;
- Develop or enhance solutions that detect potential weaknesses early in the development lifecycle and have those addressed before they can negatively impact customers or products;
- Provide input on security architecture, issues, and features;
- Implement technical and technological improvements related to safety;
- Provide a wide range of training to development teams that are fun, impactful, and measurably improved the quality of our code;
- Dive deep into weaknesses that are identified during offensive security engagements and develop corrective actions to avoid those weaknesses from re-occurring;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security/Management, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Must have 3+ years of managing application security engineers or software development
- Reverse engineering, advanced debugging, ability to identify code vulnerabilities and exploits;
- Must have a working knowledge of DevSecOps and how to address the security needs in an ever-evolving environment;
- Knowledge of security testing methodologies that leverage machine learning to quickly identify deficiencies;
- Deep understanding of OWASP Top 10 and CWE 25, with experience in implementing remediation strategies;
- Deep knowledge and experience in using SAST, DAST and Open-Source Vulnerability Scanning tools;
- Be able to effectively interact with and work directly with engineering teams, CTOs, and product managers;
- English skills as a must (B1+);
- Work in an international IT product company with offices in 4 countries;
- Remote full-time work or work from a comfortable office. It doesn’t matter where you work from, what matters is the result;
- Flexible schedule. It is enough to coordinate time zones and have intersections of working hours with the team;
- Paid 4 Sick Days and 1 Day Off per calendar year;
- Sports program compensation;
- Free online English lessons with a native speaker;
- Large payments under the referral program, in which the bonus is received by both the employee who recommends and the candidate who accepts the offer;
- Training, internal workshops, participation in international professional conferences and corporate events;
- A wide relocation program for both employees and newcomers.
Your application for Senior Application Security Team Lead submitted successfully.