Middle PostgreSQL Database Administrator (iGaming Platform)
We are looking for a Middle PostgreSQL Database Administrator with 2+ years of commercial experience to join our Online Casino Platform team.
SOFTSWISS is an award-winning brand focused on the iGaming industry. We provide innovative software solutions for large online gaming and betting businesses. SOFTSWISS products include an Online Casino Platform, Crypto Casino Solution, Managed Services, Game Aggregator, the Affilka affiliate management platform, the Sportsbook Platform, and the Jackpot Aggregator, a Jackpot as a Service solution for promotional campaigns and analytics.
SOFTSWISS in numbers
- 2009 – year founded
- 1,400+ people at the company
- 300+ gaming websites supported
- 6.5B+ € bets processed per month
- 350M+ € in transactions monthly
- 600K+ monthly active players
For more information, please visit https://www.softswiss.com.
We invite you to take the challenge and join our team of Online Casino Platform, the leading product of the company. It serves to manage all the online casino processes behind the scene including players, games, payments, bets, bonuses, tournaments, lotteries, and so on. Casino Platform is a Ruby-based high-loaded solution with lots of services and integrations built with a focus on security and stability. While you are reading this text, our web application has successfully processed 120,000 requests in one casino only, by the way, we have more than 100 ones.
The product is in the active product development phase, it’s being actively developed and enhanced with new functionality and features. Our current stack:
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Sidekiq, Redis, WebSockets
- Technologies and Tools: Docker, K8S, MinIO, Vault, Swagger, Dry-rb, Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD
- Monitoring: Datadog, Zabbix, Sentry, Kibana
We are a team of 100+ real experts and fans of their work ready to always support each other. We are Agile-oriented and use the Scrum framework in our product development lifecycle. We are those who are setting trends for other teams.
- 2+ years of experience in database administration
- Strong experience with PostgreSQL
- Experienced with complex SQL query construction
- Experienced with database architecture development
- Experienced with database monitoring and management
- Intermediate+ level of spoken and written English
It’ll be nice if you have
- Experience with MongoDB and other NoSQL databases
- Experience with ClickHouse OLAP
In this role, you will
- Optimize queries for various applications and services
- Set up monitoring, monitor, detect, and correct poor performing queries and processes
- Optimize overall database performance through intelligent indexing, partitioning, normalization, process redesign, and performance tuning
- Provide database support, troubleshoot database issues
- Update versions of databases with minimal downtime
- Maintain database high availability and ensure all production databases work properly
- Develop, contribute to, and improve our standard database development and architecture practices and styles
- Participate in the design of highly efficient and scalable database architecture on PostgreSQL
- Present ideas articulately, concisely, politely, and meaningfully to team members and stakeholders at all levels through speech and writing
- Work in an international IT product company with offices in 4 countries
- Remote full-time work or work from a comfortable office. It doesn’t matter where you work from, what matters is the result
- Flexible schedule. It is enough to coordinate time zones and have intersections of working hours with the team
- Paid 4 Sick Days and 1 Day Off per calendar year
- Sports program compensation
- Free online English lessons with a native speaker
- Large payments under the referral program, in which the bonus is received by both the employee who recommends and the candidate who accepts the offer
- Training, internal workshops, participation in international professional conferences and corporate events
- A wide relocation program for both employees and newcomers.
If you are passionate about delivering high-quality software and have a strong background in the Quality Assurance field, don’t hesitate to apply! We’re looking forward to you contributing to our Casino Platform team’s success and hope you’re excited about this job opportunity!
Your application for Senior Middle PostgreSQL Database Administrator (iGaming Platform) submitted successfully.